Effective Date:August 2023
Welcome to the privacy statement (“This Privacy Statement”, “This Statement”, or “Our Statement”) for YoYoSam, a division of MSE Enterprises, Inc. (“YoYoSam”). YoYoSam may be referred to throughout this statement as “YoYoSam”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”. We use the words “You” and “Your” to mean you, the reader, and other visitors, users, or customers to our stores, websites, and mobile apps who are, in all cases, over the age of 13.
This Privacy Statement pertains to the personal information we collect about you in our stores, on our websites, via our mobile apps, through interest-based online advertising, and anywhere else online or offline where we may interact with you and collect your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect certain information from or about you in connection with your interactions with YoYoSam, such as when you use our mobile app, shop on our websites or in our stores. This information may include:
- billing information such as payment card or other financial account information;
- contact and/or shipping information such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number;
- shopping history such as the products you have purchased;
- other forms of identification such as a driver’s license number, military identification or state-issued picture identification;
- date of birth;
- visual and audio information;
- information about your Internet/electronic activity such as your IP address, the address of the web page that referred you to our websites, the dates and times of website visits and how much time was spent on certain pages, the location of your device and other related device or electronic activity information;
- geolocation data; and
- other personal information you provide to us on our websites, via mobile apps, on feedback forms, in our stores or when you interact with us in other ways, both online and offline.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information from or about you in a number of different ways including:
- Directly From You such as when you sign up to receive marketing communications or purchase products from us;
- Information Available Publicly about you;
- From Third Parties such as other YoYoSam Businesses or business partners (e.g., for promotions, advertising, or YoYoSam credit cards);
- Via Technology Used On Our Websites Or Mobile Apps such as cookies and pixels; and
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We will store and retain your personal information in accordance with applicable law and as long as necessary to carry out the purposes described in this statement in accordance with our internal data retention procedures. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- how long the personal information is needed in connection with the applicable purposes for which we use it;
- the type of personal information collected; and
- whether we are subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the personal information (e.g., mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve personal information relevant to an investigation, or personal information that must be retained for the purposes of litigation or disputes).
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
When we collect your information, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- process, manage, complete and account for transactions, including purchases and refund, exchange and layaway requests;
- provide our products and services to you and fulfill your orders;
- identify your product and service preferences;
- improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- invite you to participate in customer research;
- notify you about new products, services, features, promotions, events and special offerings relating to the YoYoSam Businesses we think you will find valuable;
- provide customer support, diagnose technical and service problems, and respond to your requests, comments and inquiries;
- create and manage online accounts you establish including to identify you as a user of our websites or mobile apps;
- enroll you in, and administer, our loyalty and other rewards programs upon your request;
- administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- verify your identity in certain instances (such as when you pay by check, return merchandise, or request a refund);
- secure our operations and protect against, identify and help prevent crime, fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities and minimize credit risk;
- protecting the safety and well-being of our associates, customers, and others who interact with us;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies; and
- operate/manage, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, measuring and managing our communications and the advertising effectiveness of our online and offline advertisements and events, performing market research, and administering and securing our websites and mobile apps such as by customizing users’ visits to our websites or experience in a mobile app, delivering content [including advertising] tailored to users’ interests and the manner in which users browse or interact with us).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also supplement the information we collect with other public demographic information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information among the YoYoSam Businesses. They may use this information to offer products and services to you consistent with the purposes identified in this statement. California residents can opt-out of the sharing of this information to other YoYoSam Businesses by contacting us.
Your information may also be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) involving all or part of the YoYoSam Businesses or as part of a stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Third-Party Service Providers
We also may share certain personal information we collect about you with partners or third parties who perform services for us or with whom we contract for the purposes described in this statement. For example, we may use third parties to host our websites or mobile apps, operate certain of its features, send emails, print or send mailings, run our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, conduct customer research, authorize and process your payments, manage and analyze data and our advertising effectiveness, and fulfill orders. Such third-party service providers enter into written agreements with us and are given the information that they need to perform their designated functions. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information for their own or any others' marketing purposes.
Legal Requirements And To Prevent Harm
Our websites and mobile apps are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
EXTERNAL ONLINE SERVICES AND FEATURES
For your convenience and information, our websites and mobile apps may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (“Third-Party Online Services”). These Third-Party Online Services may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy policies of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked Third-Party Online Services are not owned or controlled by YoYoSam, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this statement shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Your privacy and trust are very important to us and we will treat your information with the utmost consideration.
MSE Enterprises, Inc.
7794 West Ridge Rd.,
Fairview, PA, 16415,